Mobile phones have become a most important part of everyone’s life. Almost everyone is using cell phone devices on a daily basis. As it has become a crucial part of everyone’s life, it also becomes very important to keep our cell phone devices protected.
You may have heard of tempered glass or seen it marketed as a feature in gadget specifications or in the form of mobile device screen covers. But what exactly is tempered glass? What distinguishes it from traditional glass or plastic screen protectors? Most importantly, what benefits would tempered glass provide you as a consumer, and is it worth the investment?
The fundamental distinction between regular glass and tempered glass is in the manufacturing process. Tempered glass is made by heating and then rapidly cooling the material, giving it a unique structure.
So, as a consumer, what does this mean for you?
Tempered glass shatters differently than regular glass, which is one of its key properties. Rather than shattering into large, irregular bits, tempered glass shatters into small, even shards. Tempered glass is commonly referred to as "safety glass" since it eliminates the danger of sharp edges and makes it a much safer option in the event of an accident.
WHERE IT IS USED?
Tempered glass is used in ovens, coffee machines, computer screens, windows, shower doors, and other appliances because of its safety benefits and heat resistance. However, we are particularly interested in its use in mobile phone and other device screen covers.
BEST PART ABOUT TEMPERED GLASS
- Thanks to the aforementioned heat resistance, tempered glass will bring down the chances of your phone being damaged by higher temperatures.
- Tempered glass is not easily scratched or damaged, compared to standard glass and plastic phone covers.
- Tempered glass is five times thicker than plastic screen protectors and thus provides better shock protection.
- Tempered glass protectors tend to be smoother and clearer and thus are closer to the look and feel of your original phone’s screen.
- Because of the above-mentioned advantages, tempered glass protectors will come with a higher price tag.
IS TEMPERED GLASS WORTH BUYING ?
A tempered glass screen protector is a solid way to keep your phone's screen safe because of its heat, shock, and scratch resistance. If you've ever dropped your phone and had the screen damaged, you're probably aware of the aggravation as well as the high price tag that comes with it. If you like smartphones with larger screens, you might want to consider spending a little more money on some extra protection.
If you are looking to buy a tempered glass for your cell phone device, DFW cell phone and parts have brought a wide range of tempered glasses for iPhone, Samsung, and iPad. All the accessories are best in quality and available at competitive rates.