Smartphones have become an indispensable component of our daily lives. According to one smartphone usage poll, 20% of people would rather go a week without shoes than go a week without their phone.
The pandemic, on the other hand, has affected everyone hard. As a result, roughly 55% of people stated they would not upgrade their smartphones due to the economic downturn, while 2% indicated they would instead buy a used phone.
However, according to one report, the global refurbished mobile phone market fell by 9% in 2020 as a result of the epidemic.
Now the question is whether you should keep refurbished devices in your cell phone repair shop after a pandemic. Yes, in a nutshell. But why is that? Let's take a closer look at this.
People avoid going out during the pandemic, even if it is to get their phones serviced. Instead, many of them are sending their phones for repair via internet channels, and others are even purchasing used smartphones.
The following are some of the major issues that the cell phone repair sector is facing as a result of the pandemic:
- Since the coronavirus outbreak broke out in China, where a big portion of mobile parts (screens, batteries, and so on) are manufactured, mobile technicians have been experiencing a severe shortage.
- Many cell phone repair shops are forced to return consumers or recommend them to competitors due to a shortage of parts.
- The government is forcing all non-essential companies to close temporarily in numerous regions. As a result, cell phone repair shops are having difficulty attracting clients. In addition, many establishments' repair technicians (staff) are taking time off during these difficult times to be with their families, resulting in longer delivery times.
- Another issue that the cell phone repair industry is now dealing with is finding high-quality parts at cheap prices. Due to supply chain interruptions, many repair shop owners are forced to seek out new suppliers that do not provide high-quality products at affordable pricing.
According to IDC's Worldwide Used Smartphone Forecast, 2020-2024, by the end of 2020, the worldwide used smartphone market would have shipped 225.4 million units. This represents a 9.2 percent raise over the previous year (206.5 million units).
Here are some of the reasons why the usage of refurbished smartphones after a pandemic is increasing.
- Refurbished phones are less expensive
People don't want to pay $999 on an iPhone during a recession. Instead, they're looking for a more cost-effective solution with comparable features and performance. Refurbished equipment can aid in this situation. To assure the highest possible performance, they go through a rigorous testing procedure.
- Come with a warranty
Certified reconditioned phones, like-new phones, come with a 6- to 12-month warranty. Customers will be more likely to buy refurbished phones rather than new ones as a result of this.
- No real upgrades between phone generations
There isn't much of a technological divide between the phones of the two generations. Take, for example, the Samsung S20 and S21. The latter preserves many of the characteristics of the previous phone while adding no new ground-breaking features. Buying a reconditioned phone meets the owners' demands without making them feel as if they are missing out on anything.
- Environmentally friendly
The planet has dumped over 18,557,300 tonnes of electronic garbage in merely 2021. Refurbished electronics are an excellent way to help the environment while still receiving the product you want.
In the event of a pandemic, offering reconditioned services can help you stand out from the throng and attract more consumers.
You've come to the right site if you're seeking LCD screens, mobile gadgets, and accessories.
Check out our newest phone accessories, collections, and gadgets, which contain everything from fresh new LCDs to smartphone batteries.
You may not only buy mobile parts and accessories at our store, but you can also be confident that the item you buy is genuine, high-quality, in excellent working order, and covered by a warranty.
DFW cellphone and parts is an excellent place to look for certified and high-end products that are both reasonable and of good quality. If you require any assistance or have a query, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.